Garswood Hall Collieries


A group of workers outside the colliery offices in Wigan Road c.1890's.


The screens at Garswood Hall and many Lancashire collieries at which the famous Pit Brow Lasses worked.


Screens at Garswood Hall


Garswood Hall closed 1952


The colliery left its mark on the landscape in the form of the Wigan Alps, now called The Three Sisters.


The Queen arriving at the Three Sisters slag heaps in 1968 to look at the land reclamation scheme.

[smaller] Change text size [larger]
© The Coalmining History Resource Centre from Raleys Solicitors. Email : coalmining@raleys.co.uk