Park Colliery

Situated in Liverpool Road, it was the last working colliery in Ashton.



Park No.1 Colliery c.1900


The building in the foreground was the pithead baths and is still in use today. The engine beds for the winding engines can still be seen and the shafts are capped with large concrete squares.

[smaller] Change text size [larger]
© The Coalmining History Resource Centre from Raleys Solicitors. Email : coalmining@raleys.co.uk